Monday, August 20, 2012

Crochet Saved My Life

I am writing this post to share with others the benefits of crocheting while ill.  I've been sick since1999, and have recently been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, in my spine I have arthritis, degenerative disc disease and spasms so bad they're causing my spine to twist and curve.  I honestly do not know how I would have survived this long if I didn't crochet.  Words are failing me.  I hope to read this new book on the subject by this author:  www.crochetconcupiscence.com .  There are websites related to the subject as well, one is http://www.crochetsavedmylife.com .  On top of the problems above I have several mental disorders as well.  On those days where I just can't take it anymore, if I'm able to pick up that hook I know everything will be all right :)  I'm hoping to win a copy of this book by writing this post, I know I've been slacking in the post department lately but I have grand plans!  Thanks for reading, I hope you can garner a little help with your pain as well.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you have the strength to share your story here. You're dealing with a lot of difficult things but it sounds like you have a postive attitude and are allowign crafting to help you as much as you can. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks! I have bad days, but luckily recent changes in medication allow me to have a few good ones too, lol. Thanks again for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your suffering! I saw someone with Rheumatoid Arthritis on TV and my heart went out to them.

    ReplyDelete